WOW! Beautiful sky and RVs - one of the many reasons to go RVing

WOW! Beautiful sky and RVs - one of the many reasons to go RVing
Click on pic to find its source

Monday, August 30, 2010

Social Networking - Does it have a place in RV parks?


 To read the full article and see the website this pic came from, click on this link: http://blog.rv.net/


I just read a very interesting article mentioning that when a couple went to an RV park, they noticed that the owner of the RV park not only had a website, but also a way for others to follow them on Facebook and Twitter. 

I am a part of both of these social networks.  I have noticed an increase of websites that say "Follow me on Twitter," "Like me on Facebook," "Digg me on Digg," or other ways to follow the businesses.  As an affiliate marketer, I know that the more ways people can find you, the better.  More accessibility creates more loyal customers, and in the business world, a loyal customer is CRUCIAL to maintaining success.

I also think that people like doing business with people.  They like knowing that business owners have families and do something other than work.  At least for my uses, I use Facebook for social purposes and Twitter for business purposes (though I just signed up on LinkedIn tonight, so, we'll see how that will change).

I want to hear your opinions.  There is more accessibility for wi-fi on the road and in RV parks.  Do you think RVers are very tech-savvy?  Do they use the computer that much?  Would it be useful for RV parks to not only list their website, but other ways for people to find them?

Since we're on the subject, if interested, you can: Follow me on Twitter at: www.twitter.com/lapstarr or Friend me on Facebook (but please include a message - I'm picky about who I add as friends) at www.facebook.com and look for Lisa Paxton Starr (I still don't know how to get to my direct link.  If you do, please let me know).  My profile pic is of me water skiing.

Again, to read the full article and see the website this pic came from, click on this link: http://blog.rv.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment